Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

That's right, folks. It's that time of the year again!!!! I am now 26 years old (eep). Last week I posted about my embryo retrieval & transfer that happened last year, so I'm going to review only my "two week wait" from last year, because it is quite amusing to look back (knowing that I was pregnant with twins).

The day of my transfer I talked, jokingly, with my best friend about registering my embryos to vote, and we came up with names for them. (I actually used the name Brocha for my daughter's middle name.)

Two days later, my mother sent over a ton of furniture with some movers. Something the mover said to me was completely bizarre, and you can read more about it here. Turns out he IS psychic. Weird!

The day before I got my BFP, I had all sorts of symptoms and speculated that they might be something...or nothing at all.

Then, my birthday. There was a rainbow in the sky, and a most wonderful birthday present for me when I got home.

I don't think anything can compare to last year's birthday present of a true and sticky BFP, but just *having* my twins is really the perfect gift. Although I must say that the thought of my au pair coming in just less than a week is a pretty amazing gift...WOOOO!!! Nah, doesn't compare. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Elana...May this, your first birthday as a momma, be the first of many many many more with your beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year! Happy Birthday to you! And be good.


    Oye: http://ovulationticker.blogspot.com/2009/08/award.html

    ReplyDelete