Monday, August 10, 2009

What a Trip

First off, I want everyone to know that my hubby wanted to get me something, and even went to a store, but he just couldn't think of what to get me and gave up. So I told him next time to call his sister for advice. :-) Our anniversary is in about two weeks, so he can make up for the birthday fiasco.

Now for my trip. Meeting Molly, her hubby and boys was amazing. They are the sweetest family and didn't mind being our "food and diapers" stopover. We're even thinking of trying out cloth diapers because they showed us how easy (and cost effective) they are. "The Boy" (that is Molly's older son) is just so cute and showed us that he knows how to spell his first name. "Tiny Guy" (That's Molly's younger son) wasn't in such a good mood, but he is way cute nonetheless. There will be pictures coming. The one of the two of us is very funny because Molly is very tall and I am very short. hehehe

The wedding was fantastic, and I'll be posting some pictures of that. I *almost* cried. I have never cried at a wedding, not even my own, but I definitely had tears in my eyes at some points. The twins were also a hit. People wanted to hold them and feed them, which gave me some time to actually eat.

After eating pretty much whatever I wanted for the last few days, I was terrified about getting on the scale when I got back. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I probably lost a bunch of weight just from having gastric issues. (ick) I figured as long as I hadn't gained more than a pound I'd be satisfied. Guess what...I LOST half a pound. Yep, you heard me. I had weighed in around 151 on Sunday morning, and now I'm 150.4...and this is at night time, so I'll be even less in the morning when I do my cleanse. (I had to put off my cleanse by two days because of the wedding, so I'll be in the 140's very soon!!!) I'm so psyched, you have no idea.

In answer to my sister-in-law's comment question, a belly bandit is a thing that goes around your belly and is supposed to help it get tighter as you lose weight. I have a ton of extra skin that I really hope will go away on its own as I lose the weight, but if it doesn't then really the only hope for it is surgery (which I don't want to do). So I'm hoping that this may help a bit...who knows.

Last thing, I promise. My au pair is coming on Friday!!! By now her plane has already landed in the USA, and I bet she is so excited. But I don't know who's more excited, me or her. :-) I'm almost free!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss and your au pair!

    Both things to be VERY excited about!!

    ReplyDelete