The pierogies were a hit! Shifra even said it was like eating in a 5-star Polish restaurant, but I think she was just being nice. :-) They were even good cold today...mmmmm. So worth it, even though my arms need at least two weeks rest from any activity. Kneading and rolling the dough worked muscles I didn't even know I had, and now they're sore. lol
I highly recommend getting an au pair for anyone who is looking for childcare. It's so much less expensive than any other, and it has SO many benefits:
1) It doesn't matter if you have one kid or seven, you pay the au pair the same amount regardless.
2) The au pair is in your home and will do everything for your kids--laundry, toys, making meals, etc.
3) Your au pair is flexibile. If you work one day from 9 to 5 and the next from 10 to 6 and the next from 3 to 11 it doesn't matter. If you want to go out with your husband for a night on the town, she's there. As long as she doesn't work more than 45 hours a week and more than 10 hours in one day, it's all good.
4) You get a new cultural experience! With an au pair coming from a different country, your kids (and you) will find out all about that country, language, traditions, foods and culture. Mmmmm pierogies...
5) If you're lucky like me, you will have an amazing addition to your family who is practically like a long-lost sister. :-)
I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure there's more.
Did We Create Digital Addiction?
14 hours ago