Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Harry Potter

In honor of my Hebrew birthday (which was today), Shmuel took me to see the latest Harry Potter movie last night. It was ok, at best. The direction was terrible, and the only actor that did an exemplary job was Helena Bonham Carter playing Bellatrix LeStrange. She is just phenomenal and really, really creepy. The rest did the best they could with the awful directing. It really just served as a link between the other movies and the final installment, which will come out in Nov 2010. I really, really, reeeeeeally hope that the 7th movies (yes, plural because it's coming out in part 1 and part 2) are a zillion times better than this one was. It's a must-see for any Harry Potter fan, but only because we Harry Potter fans would see it even if we knew it sucked (which I knew ahead of time and wanted to see it anyway). :-) The book is SOOOOOOO much better. (I happened to love the 6th book, but the 7th is my ultimate favorite.)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the seventh book was amazing!! I was totally glued to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first and fourth books best. Try the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Hebrew birthday!

    I am one of the few people left on the planet who has never read any of the Harry Potter books nor seen a Harry Potter movie. I do like Helena Bonham Carter, though.

    :: ICLW ::

    ReplyDelete