Wow. I can't believe 2009 is coming to a close. At the beginning of the year I did a recap of 2008, but this year I'm going to do something a bit different. I saw this on my friend Jen's blog, and it looks like fun so here goes!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I had surgery and general anesthesia. Not something I was hoping to have done, but I had it done nonetheless.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made a new year's resolution...unless it was to keep the twins inside until March, which I did successfully. :-)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Umm yeah. Me! Duh. And of course a ton of my bloggy friends (in alphabetical order by blog title): Lisa, babysmiling, Peeveme, Chicklet, FET Accompli (through a surrogate), Bean, A, Sushilover, fuentes, Sara, Teresa, Melanie (adopted), Katie, Mermaid, Sharon (adopted), Christina, The Dorns, Annie, G, Chelle, Shauna, Sherry, The Captain's Wife, Rebecca, Molly, Jenn, Jamie, Nancy, Jenni, Carrie, and Marie.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank G-d.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More sanity and more time.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 18, 2009...the day the twins were born!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Delivering the twins and living to tell about it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not spending enough time caring for and playing with the twins. There's just so much to do!!!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does nearly bleeding to death during surgery count??
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our minivan. Best.Car.Ever. (Excluding the tires...I had to put snow tires on today.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My hubby's, for being the best dad ever.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jon from Jon & Kate + 8 and Tiger Woods, of course.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To Babies R Us and Amazon.com
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having the twins!!! (Do you guys notice a theme??)
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Summer Nights" by Rascal Flatts
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
b) thinner, much thinner
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I don't celebrate Christmas. I spent Chanukkah at home with my family, and my mom came to visit. The next week my mother-in-law and brother-in-law came to visit.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I was already in love with my hubby, but I fell in love with the twins.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Biggest Loser and Days of our Lives (and, of course M*A*S*H!!!)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
All of the Harry Potter books.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The twins' Learn & Groove Musical Table (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10!!! Yellow...triangle)
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a baby...I got two babies.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It actually was terrible, but it's the only film I saw that came out this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't even remember what I did, but I turned 26.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Loose and comfy
32. What kept you sane?
My hubby, my family (mom, mom-in-law, Auntie Beh!), and my friends (Melanie, David, Devorah Baila & Yehudis)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Good question. I dunno, Elijah Wood is pretty cute.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything having to do with infertility health insurance coverage.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Kevin M. Awesome photographer, super cool person.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Cherish every second you have on this earth, because you never know when something might go horribly wrong that you weren't expecting.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are." It's either that or the ABC's...
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!! I hope that all of my friends out there who haven't gotten pregnant yet do that this year. And I hope that all of my friends who are finally pregnant now have healthy full-term babies next year.