Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Worst.Day.Ever.

First, our au pair decided yesterday that she wanted to leave...as soon as humanly possible. Now I knew she was unhappy and bored to tears, because taking care of infants for 8 hours a day is not all fun and games. It takes a really special person to enjoy doing that...I sure as heck don't! I'd freak out if I had to do what she does every day, but that's beside the point. She's leaving me at the worst possible time! I'm supposed to be starting school in a month AND we had a trip to Baltimore planned in January. I bought her a flipping plane ticket to come with us!! If I don't have a third person to come, there's no way Shmuel and I will be able to take the twins and all their stuff by ourselves. So that's $200 down the drain for those tickets... To top it all off, she clogged the toilet upstairs and then called us to say that a pipe had burst. There is water EVERYWHERE!! In her bathroom, but even worse...it's dripping from the ceiling into OUR bathroom. It smells like feces... It is so horribly gross, you can't even imagine. And I just had to pay $175 to a plumber to unclog her toilet...which was clogged with the wrapper to some Pampers wipes. Who on earth puts a plastic wrapper like that in the toilet?!?!? It's like she wants to leave so badly she's trying to get kicked out of the house. Well that's lovely, but first you have to pay me the $375 on top of what you already owe me... Geez.

8 comments:

  1. Oh man- that is tough! I'm sorry you'er having such a hard time & I hope it gets better soon. Was she through an agency? Can they help get you someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry she picked such an awful time to bail on you. If I didn't have my own munchkin I would totally come help you out, I loved the squishy baby stage, not so fond of the terrible twos... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Thinking good thoughts that you will find a replacement ASAP, in time for your trip. *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Man! What a triple whammy! Thinking of you...(((HUGS)))

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ick! What happened to her, all of a sudden????

    Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I though au pairs were supposed to like taking care of children! What on earth did she think she was going to be doing?
    Do you think you can find someone to go on the trip with you guys? Make a college student that's on break or something like that???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now your next post makes sense.

    That is RIDICULOUS!!! OMG, that sucks. I hope you guys find someone soon. I don't know what to say about the ticket but I hope there's a way for you to get some of your money back or sell it or something (although I'm not sure that that'll work since it's in someone's name). Tell her she can still go so the ticket doesn't go to waste and then when you get there, tell her to get lost! :giggle: Sorry, I had to say that. I'd be frustrated if I were in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Elana. I read your earlier post first, then this one. I am so very sorry. How upsetting, disheartening and frustrating! If I could, I go to Baltimore in a heartbeat. Skeeter would have a wonderful time with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete