Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Biggest Loser

I am sooooooo happy that the newest season of The Biggest Loser has started!!! It's the only TV show I watch (aside from restarting my addiction to Days of our Lives). It's such a feel-good show, and I love watching all of the contestants lose tons of weight and become healthy. I also like it because it makes me feel better about myself and my weight loss. If you've noticed, I am one pound...that's it, just one pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately I still have a crazy floppy belly with tons of extra skin, but I hope it will get somewhat better once I'm down to my ideal weight. I asked my hubby if my tummy used to look like that before I got pregnant, because I just plain forgot what it looked like. He said that it's extra skin was from the twins, and that my tummy wasn't as floppy before, which is what I thought. I just hope that it does start to look better once I'm closer to my ideal weight... *sigh* The things we women do to have children, including giving up our whole bodies, are just incredible.

Keep watching the weight ticker so you can see when I get past my pre-pregnancy weight and start to knock off more pounds. My next goal, once I get past 141, is to be less than I weighed at my first OB appointment. I had lost five pounds in first trimester, so I believe I weighed 136 at my first appointment with the doc. If I can weigh less than that when I go to see her for my yearly gyn appointment (Oct 8), I'll be ecstatic. At least I'll be *really* close.

16 comments:

  1. Totally incredible what women do to carry a baby. Congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ~is~ incredible the changes your body goes through. Nothing is left untouched!

    My Hubby has a small addiction to Days of Our Lives. It makes me laugh but he just can't quit . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kol haKavod! You are an inspiration to me - your sunny disposition shines through in your posts and it really gives me hope and cheers me up. Gee, maybe I could do that too? SHANA TOVAH to you and Shmuel and Chana and Dovid. I love you all so much and miss you all terribly. Don't worry about extra skin - it will just make it easier the next time you are pregnant B"H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I just noticed that you've already lost 20 pounds! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are well on your way to being the weight that you want. it is amazing what our bodies go through, and amazing that they are capable of doing so.

    ILCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm a complete reality show junkie and I think it's comforting to see people in similar situations to me but "on steroids". Makes me feel almost normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from ICLW:
    Congrats on the weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being so close to your pre-pregnancy weight. That is so awesome.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals and congratulations on the weight you have already lost!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the GREAT work with the weight loss!!!

    Happy ICLW :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I wish I had your will power! My husband and I are addicted to several reality shows. Nothing like a good dose of "real" drama to get the night going!

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your weightloss ! I missed the BL :( Hopefully, I can catch it this week !

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your weight loss! I also love "The Biggest Loser". It is such a good feeling to see how proud of themselves the contestants are and how great they're doing. Always makes me want to go on it though :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ICLW- Wow! I give you props! You have already lost so much. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I'm here from ICLW, and I'm hoping you're not trying to get down to 100lbs! Unless you're 4'5", that's just not a healthy weight! In my opinion. Anyway, good luck on the pre and post preggo weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the update on my site! I feel better about your health status! (As if it were any of my business, but I'm a designated worrier, so to speak.)

    ReplyDelete