Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday's Fun Day Charlie Brown...

So I spent this morning in the ER--not to worry, everything's ok. I had a headache yesterday that was different than my usual headaches, so I wanted to get it checked out. The dr in the ER wasn't at all worried about my head and wanted to check in on the little bean, so took my blood and left. A while later a different doctor comes in with an ultrasound machine and informs me that we're going to take a peek inside. Who am I to argue? I was actually quite excited. While he's figuring out the ultrasound machine, my other dr comes in and informs me that my hCG level was up to 46,000...yep, that's right 46,000. Which is MUCH higher than I was expecting (I thought maybe 25,000 or something). But no, my hCG is overachieving this time. On the plus side, I have a nice, high hCG and barely any symptoms, so I hope it stays that way. :-) Anyhoo, they stick the probe thing where it's supposed to go and take a look. One doctor looks at me and says "well, you are pregnant". I was like, "Umm I coulda told you THAT!" lol Anyhoo, we're taking a look around in there and I could definitely see two different sacs, but waited for the doc to tell me what he was actually looking at. So he points to one of them and says "This is a yolk sac and looks great for where you are. We can't see a fetus yet, but that's totally normal for where you are. And this over here looks like it could be another one...it's pretty close, but it does look like a second one." And on the discharge papers it actually says they found twins via ultrasound. So, there you have it. Two yolk sacs, two babies. We'll find out more at my 7 week ultrasound at my RE's office where we'll look for heartbeats, but for now we are looking at 2!! And of course, check out my crazy high hCG levels on the chart below...

17 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm SOOOOO excited for you. I knew it when I was reading, before I even got to it. Maybe I should go to the ER for something...nah, I'll pass and just hold out. I'm almost as excited for you as I will be for me if I see 2 on my u/s. YIPEE!! I can jump for joy for you. Congrats Congrats. So when is your u/s with your doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sept 2...and then we should actually be able to see something interesting! I couldn't even see the little ones, just sacs, because it's so early and they're just so teensy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cool. My first u/s is Sept. 2nd, too. That is too awesome!! Same edd, same first official u/s, and hopefully the same number of beans growing inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Elana - that's awesome! Congrats and major healthy vibes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is o/t, but I noticed on your info page, you are my age, with my same zodiac sign...when is your b-day? Mine is 7/28. Don't tell me yours is too. That would be too freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it had to be twins! That's such great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like we've got us "Peanut Butter" and "Jelly"! (I thought about it all day, and that's what I settled on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a way to find out, in the ER! Surprise! That certainly explains the high betas. Hope your pregnancy continues to be symptom-free. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I knew there were two! Thankfully only another week to go until your next u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Best wishes with your pregnancy ;)
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhh yay!!! so exciting!

    here from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH! I AM SO EXCITED! And I don't even know you LMAO! YAAY TWINS! I would love twins :) How fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Twins, how exciting! Congratulations!
    (ICLW)www.getpregnant.co.za/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! Best wishes for your pregnancy. Here from ICLW

    ReplyDelete