Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Octuplets Update

Well, at least not all media is stupid. Check out this update from the LA Times. I give the article a rousing two thumbs up!

In other news, my fetal fibronectin test came back negative. For those who don't know what this is, they take a swab and check to see if there's any fetal fibronectin present. Before 22 weeks it is normal to have some present, which is why they don't do the test before then. After 22 weeks, if the test comes back positive it means you're at a VERY high risk for delivery in the 2 weeks following the test. If there isn't any present, then you're safe for another 2 weeks (barring extenuating circumstances that could cause someone to go into labor). So, it looks like I should make it to at least 29 weeks (and beyond) IY"H. :-)

Oh, and I posted a new belly pic!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats for the 'negative'. :)

    Some negatives are so positive!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you can keep baking the babies for another two weeks.

    My husband and I were talking about those 8 babies. I assured him that there was No was No how that would Ever be us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! I follow your belly progress so I can know (be scared of) what I have in store for me soon! Thanks for the updates and the bravery of posting belly shots. I'm not so brave. But, yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great point and congrats on your current progress...you are doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's exciting!! Cute twin belly! Kepp them a-cookin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! glad you passed the test.

    Also, thanks for posting that article. Yes MUCH better. Yea for responsible journalism.

    ReplyDelete