Friday, December 5, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I was released from the hospital this morning--YAY! So now I'm home and resting. My bed is sooo comfy and my snoogle body pillow can fold into interesting shapes so I can get comfy in many different reclining positions. My hubby brought in the TV and my laptop, so I won't have to leave the bed too much. I'm allowed to get up to go to the bathroom and I'll have to get my own food when my hubby is at work, so I'm not totally immobile. The doc is even letting me go to my scheduled Infant CPR & First Aid classes this month. I'll have to see what to do about the other various and sundry things I have scheduled (such as a baby shower for a friend...). Basically, as long as I've rested all day and will be sitting down during wherever I'm going (and I won't be gone for more than a few hours) the doctors are ok with it--for now. But no going to work, no shopping trips, no cooking, no cleaning, no going out for Shabbos, etc.

A few other tidbits:

#1) I thought I was going to have gained 10lbs while at the hospital because of the fatty food I was being fed and the total lack of exercise, but I weighed myself when I got home and I don't think I gained anything. WOO HOO I guess you burn mega calories while surfing the web. ;-)

#2) Get this baby off my bladder! I have the urge to pee constantly. As soon as I get off of the toilet, I feel as though I have to go again. It's getting a bit rediculous. :-)

#3) I will get a belly pic up hopefully tomorrow night even though I'm already 20 1/2 weeks. Oh well, not much I can do about it!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are home. Your surgery sounded, not so fun. Not that any surgery is fun. I hear you on the bladder part. The baby isn't constantly on my bladder but those days she is...but I don't have anything better to do really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm glad you are home safe. I read that if you tilt forward a little on the toilet, the last little bit of urine will come out and then your bladder will be as empty as possible. Maybe that will help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray for being home! I hope you can snuggle in all nice and comfy now! I know how bad one baby makes my bladder feel...cannot even imagine 2!! Rest up, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home and recovering. Hope bed rest is not too terrible. At least you have your laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bed rest helps in losing weight! Now that's a first! Anyways, have a fun time and take care!

    ReplyDelete