Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Terrified

I am soooo nervous about my retrieval. Only 3 and a half hours to go and I'm already freaking out.

1) What happens if they get in there and see that I've already ovulated all of my eggs?
2) What happens if they get in there and none of the eggs I have are mature?
3) What happens if they get in there and find nothing in my follicles?
4) What happens if they get a whole bunch of great eggs but none of them fertilize?
5) What happens if they get a whole bunch of great eggs that fertilize, but they all die before the transfer?
(this is starting to remind me of the Passover song "Dayenu"...)
6) What if everything goes well (even the transfer and freezing), but I just don't get pregnant?
7) What if something goes wrong during the retrieval and I just don't wake up CV"S?!? (I know that sounds completely rediculous...it's a 15 minute procedure, it's not even general anesthesia, I'll be breathing on my own and even be monitored the whole time, and I don't believe ANYONE has ever died during an egg retrieval...plus the fact that these guys have done THOUSANDS of egg retrievals and I'm not even their first today...)

I'm just praying that everything goes swimmingly and that at the very least I wake up normally sometime within 15 mins or so after the retrieval. :-)

P.S. If you're curious about the song "Dayenu" go look it up or I can explain further on another post if you're stuck.
P.P.S. CV"S stands for chas v'shalom and basically means G-d forbid.

No comments:

Post a Comment