Tuesday, October 23, 2018

10 months and counting

It's been far too long since I wrote on here, and I realized that I should write more accounts of what actually happens in my life. I used to have a diary as a kid, and I wrote in it every day. While I doubt I'd have to energy to update here every day, I'm going to make a concerted effort to do so. Here are my thoughts of the day:

I can't believe I've been at my "new" job for 10 months. I have never been so happy in a job. The environment is friendly, uplifting, and just plain fun. No one has a beef with anyone else. Everyone likes everyone else. We all get along. We are all friends. There are no cliques. It is like night and day from almost everywhere else I've ever been. I can easily see myself hanging out with these women on a regular day, and I'm a hermit. 😀 I've learned so many things and refined my knowledge in others. I feel confident in my ability to do my job. I enjoy what I do. I love and care about my patients (and they love me back, for the most part). I celebrate every pregnancy, but I also am sad when my patients graduate and go off to their OB/Gyn. I wish I could watch each of them grow (literally). And I can't believe that the patients who became pregnant when I started working there are now having their babies. It's uncanny!

Going back to my last blog post, which was back in January, I ended it with my desire to do two things:
#1 Doing an IUI for a woman...and having her get pregnant and have a baby!
#2 Calling someone with their positive (and increasing) beta.

Since then I have done several IUIs, and at least two of them have resulted in a pregnancy that is currently ongoing. One is at least halfway through her pregnancy, if not more, and one is more newly pregnant. So quite soon I will have completed #1.

As for #2, I have gotten to call MANY people with their positive and increasing betas! I've also been privileged to sit in on some OB ultrasounds and get to watch my patients' reactions to seeing their baby's heartbeat for the first time. That is without a doubt the best part of my job.

And amongst all of the happiness at my work, I am incredibly sad because one of my co-workers is leaving the practice to go elsewhere and today was our last day working together. She was my office-mate and taught me how to do my job. If I am considered a good IVF nurse, it's really because of her. I am going to miss her SO FREAKING MUCH, and I have no clue what I'm going to do being in that room without her wisdom, jokes, support, hugs, and smiling face. There is no one on earth who can replace her, and I can only hope that whoever comes in to take her spot is even half as amazing as she is. 💔

In other news, my a capella group (Honorable Menschen) had a concert this past weekend. Considering at least 3 of us had colds, I think we did a pretty incredible job. I was also extremely proud and honored to have my arranged version of Hallelujah LaOlam performed for the first time during the second half. Watch our concert below and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment