Sunday, October 28, 2018

2018 NICU Reunion

Every year I take the kids over to St. Elizabeth's for the annual NICU reunion. Families who had children in the NICU are invited to celebrate, and it's always around Halloween. People dress in costumes, and the kids have activities that they can do - fake tattoos, coloring, making Halloween decorations and masks, creating ghosts out of lollipops, and games. There's also ice cream and cake. And I'm known so well that the lady serving cake handed me the ice cream lid to show me it was kosher without me even asking. 😆

The kids had fun this year, as they always do.

Every year they also have professional photos taken. You can go up as many times as you'd like, but I only did one shot of the whole family. It was a miracle that everyone was looking at the camera and smiling!


I also look forward to seeing all of the doctors and nurses who I used to work with at St. Elizabeth's and those who also took care of me during my pregnancy, delivery and postpartum with the twins. Dr. Silvia Testa (pictured above) is the neonatologist who took care of the twins while they were in the NICU. I know I've posted about her and her husband previously on this blog. It's so special for her to see the twins and how much they've grown. I also ran into a patient of mine and her family (from when I worked at St. Elizabeth's on L&D) who had come to the NICU reunion last year as well. They recognized me within seconds, and it was so good to see them as well.

I took a bunch of pictures - mostly candid shots of the kids doing projects. Click here to see all of the NICU Reunion photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment