Monday, May 2, 2011

She Did It!

My little baby rolled over during tummy time on Shabbos! I had put her on her stomach and stood there. Within a few minutes, she had flipped herself over. When I put her back on her stomach, she didn't repeat the feat, but at least now I know she can do it. What a big girl! And she's also getting much better at holding her head up during tummy time.

As for her weight gain, I've been weighing her before and after feeds, and so far she's averaging about 2 oz per feed (excluding the first two feeds of the day which are much larger). Today she took about 21.5 oz total! So that's pretty good. She also seems to be gaining. At the doctor's office on Thursday she was 10lbs 6oz and today she's about 10lbs 9oz. So that's fantastic, and exactly what we were hoping for. I'm planning to start a medication to boost my milk supply and to drink lots of Milk Maid Tea, and hopefully that will make me nice and full so she can get bigger feeds. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting. Once Keelin figured out how to roll over the did it every time I put her on her tummy, Tierney not so much. She has done it a few times, but she will also lay there and yell at me till I roll her over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Tzipora! Both on the rolling part as well as the weight gain arena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elana, there is something on my blog for you...

    ReplyDelete