Monday, May 30, 2011

Shalom

For those of you who don't know what the Hebrew word shalom means, I'll explain it. Shalom literally means peace, although many people use it as "hello" or "goodbye," since you're basically wishing that person to have peace. Ever heard someone say "peace out" as a goodbye? Well this is the same idea.

In any case, I bring this up because I have been offered the proverbial olive branch by the family. They want shalom. They're not angry with me and hope I won't be angry with them any longer...and I think I can do that. All I wanted was to be appreciated and for my feelings to be recognized, and by this I think they get that. Now hopefully we'll be able to go back to how we were before things got out of control. I really, really hope so, because all this stress isn't good for anyone involved.

And on some completely unrelated topics...

The twins are now sleeping in toddler beds! Tonight we made the decision to take the railings off of their cribs because Chana was starting to try to climb out of her crib and we didn't want an accident. We installed a gate over their doorway so they can't get out, and we toddler-proofed their room as best we could. We plugged in the video monitor that my sister gave us for Chanukkah this past year so we can hear and see them, just in case they wake up before we do. Most likely that won't happen, but you never know. They were a bit cranky when they first realized that the railing was gone, but by the time the lights were out, they were mostly ok and Chana climbed right in.

Tzipora started laughing about a week or so ago, and it's so cute. She doesn't do it often, but if you tickle her chin/neck sometimes she'll give you a giggle. What a sweetie!! But she's still not growing as much as the doctor wants her to, and they're urging me to supplement with formula. I'm trying to only supplement her with the milk I pump and so far I haven't needed to pull out the formula. We'll see how this goes! We have another weigh-in in two weeks. *sigh*

I start school tomorrow. YIKES!!! Wish me luck for Microbiology this summer and a continuation of my straight A's. :-D

I have a special note to Auntie Beh who got injured while attacking the weeds outside Mom's house the other day. We hope that the doctor can de-thorn your "paw" and that you stop injuring yourself. :-) (Sorry, but when Shmuel told me you got a thorn in your hand it gave me a picture in my head of a dog or a bear with a thorn in its paw.)

2 comments:

  1. The toddler bed has been more difficult than I expected with Jesse. We weren't able to switch the crib into one; we had a different bed entirely. It's not bad, but it's not great either. We also have a gate and he does just play in his room sometimes.

    I'm of course baffled by the doctor's assessment of Tzipora's growth. You haven't said exactly how big she is but, and I'm sure I've done this before, we can refer to the photo of me next to you, and deduce that we will probably have different-sized children. You're around the bottom of the charts for grownups, and I'm at the top, so it shouldn't be surprising to see the same for our children. If she is following a growth curve, even if she is on the bottom one, she is probably fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are better with your family. I like to think they didn't realize how upset they were making you (wishful thinking?). I hope that continues, whatever the reason.

    ReplyDelete