Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Midwife Appointment

I saw the midwife today, and it was awesome! My hubby got to come along, too, which was cool. I talked to the midwife about doing a VBAC. She had read the surgical notes and 100% agreed with me that VBAC was the way to go. (Yipee!) She said that the prior C-Section was totally fine and that the placental abruption was probably a "twin thing". (That's what I thought too.) She also assured me that we would do ultrasound cervical checks for as long as I wanted to, since we don't have a clear idea of whether or not my cervix is truly incompetent and when it might start to funnel (if at all). This way we will catch something if it happens early. Luckily, I don't have any history of pre-mature labor, since I didn't even really go into labor with the twins...although I might have been at 35 weeks, it doesn't count since that's in the normal range for twins. Also, the fact that I had no cervical change from 33 - 35 weeks with the twins (while holding out at 2 cm dilated) is a great sign. We also got to hear the baby's heart beat, which was a perfect 155bpm. All in all it was a fantastic appointment, and I am *so* glad that I'm switching over to the midwife practice.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for having a midwife who listens! (and agrees with you!) Sounds like everything is on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have an OBGYN appointmet today where I will see if I can find out what kind of incision I have. I will then call a couple other doctor's and a midwife in the area and see if they think I'm a candidate for VBAC. I'm right behind you with all of this. My friend just had a very successful VBAC, it was an encouragment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I loved midwifery care with my son. It was so personal and supportive, and they were still very safe and conservative in their medical recommendations when necessary, so I knew I could trust them.

    ReplyDelete