Friday, October 23, 2009

Packages!

Today I received most of the things I ordered. The only things left to arrive are the bumGenius! diapers and the cloth wipes. I already installed the diaper sprayer, and I was impressed at how easy it was to install and how well the directions were written (with excellent pictures too). I impressed my hubby by showing him how it worked and how really cool it is. Man this would've been awesome post-partum when I was supposed to be spraying myself 24/7...although the water from the supply is pretty cold, which would not have been happy. Anyhoo, it's a pretty neat contraption in any case. I also showed Shmuel how the pre-fold diapers work...at least I showed him how I think it's supposed to work. Hehe, whether that's right or not remains to be seen. :-) I bought the detergent that you guys recommended (Charlie's Soap), and that should be arriving in tomorrow's mail. I don't think the bumGenius! diapers will be in in time for our trip to NJ this weekend, so we might have to use disposables... :-(

Chana's diaper rash is still the same. I called the pediatrician's office who suggested I put anti-fungal cream on her 3x a day and see if that helps. If it hasn't gotten better within 48 hours then we should bring her in. We'll start tomorrow and give it until Monday. We'll see what happens!

10 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about Chana's diaper rash....BTW, here cloth diapers are the norm rather than the other alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy that you are going to be in Lakewood. I grew up there. This weekend I can't though, it's my birthday ( ugh 35) and we are going up to my Dads. I was born in Lakewood and lived there till 94.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Boudreaux's Butt Paste on her diaper rash? Emily gets diaper rash a lot more than Alex or Lizzie ever did. I started using the Boudreaux's stuff recently and it has worked miracles. I also recommend a lot of bare bottom time. That's the best cure for diaper rash.

    Good luck with the cloth diapers. We used them with Lizzie on the weekends but I haven't used them with the twins yet. Just haven't wanted to deal with the laundry part of it. The diaper sprayer is crucial though! Especially as they start to eat more solid food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom swears by a mixture of Bordeaux's Butt Cream and Neosporin! But, if your ped thinks it's fungal, that won't help. lol Hopefully you'll get that under control and the cloth diapers will help immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love packages?!?!

    I hope the diaper rash is history . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this helps her rash. I'll be interested to see how you get on with the diapers you've bought - I'm still not sure which ones to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That diaper rash sounds awful :( I hope it clears up soon.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cloth diapers are just so damn cute too. Much cuter than disposables.

    ReplyDelete