Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sorry to Keep Bringing This Up

I know the octuplet mom is the only thing I've talked about in the last week, but I just have to tell you what I heard on the news this morning. Her publicist said something that made me go "you obviously have no idea what you're talking about". She basically said that with IVF you can't control how many babies you get. I was like "errr, IVF is the BEST way to control how many babies you get. Put in two embryos, and your chances of having more than two is slim to none." It made me so mad, because anyone who does not have experience with IVF might actually think the publicist knew what she was talking about and now thinks the risks of having crazy numbers of multiples with IVF is very high. *sigh* When will these people learn?

In other news, I have my next prenatal appointment and ultrasound tomorrow! They should do measurements, so we should be able to see how much the twins have grown and approximately how much they weigh. Should be close to 3lbs now! It feels like my belly weighs 20lbs, though. I'm also not worried about the weigh-in tomorrow, because so far I've been right on track this week. Woooo!

3 comments:

  1. Yea u/s! Hope everything continues to go well.

    I too am distressed at all the misinformation. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck for tomorrow. :)


    As for the "with IVF you can't control how many babies you get" comment - When so many journalist keep saying that embryos are implanted, it's no wonder people think that IVF = multiple pregnancies.

    Please direct me to the clinic that implants embryos. I bet their waiting list is extremely long.

    ReplyDelete