Friday, February 13, 2009

Dentist

Yesterday was much better than Wednesday. I had a checkup with the dentist on Tuesday, and he said that one of my fillings needed replacing. That replacing happened yesterday! (Talk about quick turnaround time...) Anyways, I'm the kind of person who goes without novocaine for all dental procedures (except the time I had a root canal). I mean really, if you've ever had a cavity filled without novocaine then you already know that it's not painful. Yeah, there's a weird twingy sensation that happens during drilling when the doc goes near a nerve, but it's not pain and totally dealable. I mean, I don't even flinch when it happens. So why the novocaine? Because people are terrified that it's going to hurt. I dislike the feeling of being numb, and going through the filling w/o novocaine is easy, so that's the way I go. Besides, it saves money. :-) I really hope my kids don't have a fear of doctors or the dentist...I love 'em all!!

On a side note, apparently a group of skunks decided to have a party at our shul, so my husband came home STINKING of skunk. Man, that smell lingers! I have no idea how we're going to get that smell out of his winter coat, but he threw his clothes in the wash and took a shower. At least HE doesn't smell, just his stuff. Anyone with an idea of how to salvage his coat & hat should leave me a comment! I wonder if the dry-cleaner could do something... *sigh* Poor Pookie.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you could try Nature's Miracle- that is a product made for cat urine but I have never found a smell that it didn't work on.

    But I don't know if that would stain the coat. Can you hang it outside for the day and spay it intermittently?

    I know newspaper is a good odor absorber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Heloise: There is nothing worse than smelling like a skunk. To remove the smell, soak you clothing in baking soda or vinegar and water. Use a half cup of vinegar or baking soda for each gallon of water. Let soak for several hours before washing as you normally would.

    As for dentist, me too! I had teeth transplanted sans novacaine. The oral surgeon wanted to knock me out completely. It was bearable, more so than numbness, and I was able to talk afterward drool-free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to drool.

    Wish I had some advice about the skunk smell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old tale for removal of skunk smell is a total immersion bath in tomato juice. Personally, I've never had need to try it, but some folks swear by it.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete