Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why I Love Being a Mom

Lately my son has been very nervous and clingy. For example, we went to the pediatrician for the twins' 12 month checkup and when I was trying to put him down onto the table so I could take off his clothes, he freaked out, started crying and screaming and grabbing onto my clothes for dear life. Today, we were out at the mall having their pictures taken and when we went to change his diaper he did the same thing when I was trying to get him to lie down on the changing table. And you know, I love it. I think it's the best part of being a mom having him grab onto me. I can almost hear him thinking "No Mommy! I'm scared, please don't put me down!! I'm safe in your arms!" *sigh* :-)

The other thing I love is having complete strangers come up to me and tell me how adorable my kids are. It's like I waited 2 years to get pregnant so now G-d is making sure I get extra attention for having cute twins. Although it was especially funny when someone didn't realize they were twins and actually thought I was mom to only one of them (and Ziva was mom to the other). Hehe oops! Anyways, these things just remind me why I wanted to become a mom in the first place and really make it real and amazing.

1 comment:

  1. It's the littlest things that mean the most isn't it.

    ReplyDelete