**NOTE** PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MY PERSONAL FEMALE "STUFF". THANK YOU! **END NOTE**
So, I got my first post-partum period yesterday. A few things about it now...
1) I knew it was coming, because I was SUCH A GROUCH the last few days. I even though to myself "man, I must be pre-menstrual, because I'm being such a b*tch". Now, I've had reasons to be grouchy--my hubby lost his wedding ring (which I found) and also lost the keys to the house (which have not been found) all in the same day. I still have to call the locksmith...
2) I don't have a migraine!!! No headache at all. It's really a miracle, and I think my sister should get pregnant just to get rid of the migraines...it's so worth it. :-)
3) It's actually a normal period...like heavy. I haven't had a heavy period in years...not since pre-birth control (aka my teenage years). I'm hoping this means my body has figured out that it is female and should be having normal, regular periods and might even get pregnant on its own eventually (like in 2010).
4) My hubby was shocked. He was like "it's so sudden"! And I'm like "uhhh...I stopped breastfeeding and thought my body might be trying to ovulate about 2 weeks ago, so it's not "all of a sudden".
5) On that train of thought, I don't think my body actually ovulated, because when I thought my body was gearing up for it, the OPKs all were clearly negative (I mean not even a light test line...) even though I had copious amounts of EWCM.
**IF YOU'RE STILL READING THIS AND YOU'RE RELATED TO ME, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT BULLET**
6) Because I don't know if I ovulated, I don't know if my progesterone was up during my "TWW" (I don't know what else to call it...). The reason I'm curious is because I actually actually was producing my own lubrication, and I wasn't in horrible pain during s-e-x. That is a change. A biiiiig change. And a good one! :-) If I don't have to have painful, natural lube-free intercourse any more, I'm going to rejoice by having s-e-x every day. lol
**OK IT'S SAFE NOW**
7) I also have to figure out birth control now. I refuse to go on any hormonal birth control, because I do not want my body forgetting to be female...again. So, it's onto other methods. Condoms are not allowed for Jews, so that's no good. (And it's not a particularly happy form of birth control for married people anyway.) I'm thinking of just using a spermicide of some type. Yes, I know it's only 70% (or so) protection, but really. I didn't get pregnant in 2 years of TTC except for a miscarriage after an IUI and a healthy pregnancy after IVF. HOWEVER, if my body has figured itself out, I might actually turn out to be fertile now. Who knows. I won't know until I start trying again. And if by some strange miracle I get pregnant while using spermicide, it's not a huge deal. At least it's 100% reversible with no side effects and won't freak out my body. I even found some suppositories which look much easier to use (and are less expensive) than foam or film...and I'm used to suppositories from taking progesterone.
That's all for now...I'll keep you posted on how my body is working.
Did We Create Digital Addiction?
14 hours ago