Monday, June 8, 2009

Babysitter

I finally cracked and left the twins with a babysitter for an hour yesterday. I had some errands to do, and I know this girl pretty well, so I wasn't nervous about leaving them. Dovid basically slept the whole time, and Chana was doing her squeaky groaning. My babysitter got to study for her finals, and I got to do errands without worrying about getting babies in and out of the car and all over the place. She said she'll probably come over to my house to study when it gets loud at her house, which also means I have an extra set of hands in a pinch. WOOOOO! :-) Hopefully next year Bais Yaakov (that would be the Orthodox Jewish girl's high school) will have girls coming in from out of town who need a place to live so we can rent out the rooms on the top floor and have extra hands when they get home from school! But that would also require me learning how to cook dinner and make lunches. Heh Elana the homemaker....who woulda thunk it. My father made my lunch for me through high school. And then in college I ate in the cafeteria. I'm soooo spoiled!

In other news, my mother-in-law is coming!!!! She'll arrive tomorrow evening, and I can't wait. That'll be another set of hands...and one that knows how to cook and enjoys it! YIPPEE!

2 comments:

  1. You have to learn to cook. My husband could not cook ANYTHING when we met, Alton Brown from the food network is a great book if you have zero natural cooking ability.

    If you can cook but just don't, Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything is a wonderful one and the only cookbook I use of the hundreds I have.

    If you are really, terribly, tragically hopeless- get the A Man A Can A Plan ones, those are the simplest cookbooks out there. And the food is pretty good, considering how processed it is.

    But not cooking is like not driving, the pleasure you get from avoiding traffic jams is negated by the aggravation of finding a ride everywhere.

    Even if you are concerned about finding kosher cookbooks, I would still get the ones I suggested and then apply their principles to koasher recipes. I am sure they must have some. Also, Mark Buttman has a vegetarian one, so you could use that and just include dairy or meat as you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Buttman. SRSLY though, you have to learn.

    ReplyDelete