Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I did it!

I made it to 34 weeks! Which also means I've reached the end of my complications chart. I guess after 34 weeks the rates of pre-term complications are all nearly zero. SWEEEEET!

Survival: 97%
Respiratory Distress Syndrome: 14%
Intraventricular Hemorrhage: 0%
Sepsis: 4%
Necrotizing Enterocolitis: 3%
Intact, long-term survival: 97%

There you have it folks. And on top of it all, they should weigh nearly 5 lbs now. That means we'll be able to use the carseats we bought when we bring them home from the hospital! WOOOO! Now babies, I'm large and viciously uncomfortable. You can come out now so I can get 2 hours of pleasant, deep sleep instead of 2 hours of uncomfortable, non-deep sleep each night. :-) As much as I'd love to cook you both another two weeks, I think I might have a nervous breakdown from lack of quality sleep. Now I don't expect to have amazing sleep once you arrive...I just want the little sleep I do get to be comfortable. I also want to be able to sit and lie down comfortably instead of having a painful back 24/7. I promise to make really delicious breastmilk for you and cuddle you the way only a mommy can. And I might let your daddy hold you if he sits down first. ;-) We have really comfy cribs all ready for you and I promise not to make either of you sing the 4 questions at the Pesach seders this year. Now, isn't Purim a nice time to have a birthday? It also happens to be the full moon...

Click HERE for more Hebrew & Yiddish word definitions

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on 34 weeks!!! Yay!

    I know the feeling for uncomfortable sleep! I will gladly trade my 6 hours of tossing & turning for 2 hours of actual sleep! Although I have a sneaking suspicion that once it happens I will beg for the 6 hours of tossing & turning!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are almost there. Are you planning on a vaginal delivery?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations! You deserve a big pat on the back. Or two hours of restful, uninteruppted sleep at the very least!

    Funny things happen the night of the full moon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow and Steady wins the race!

    I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope we get to see cute baby pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fantastic milestone! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Elana!! Hang in there!Not much longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from LFCA: Congrats on making 34 weeks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the important milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from LFCA. Congrats! Our twins were born at 31 wks, and while they had some initial brief respiratory issues and needed to learn to feed etc. They did wonderful. At 34 weeks you indeed will have excellent odds for an excellent outcome! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I don't know how you've done all this bed rest. You are such a fabulous mother already!

    ReplyDelete