Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

So, I had my 10 week doctor's appointment today. My blood pressure was pretty high at 138/80, so the doctor will probably have me start back on the baby aspirin when I get to 2nd trimester (in 2 weeks!!). She felt for my uterus, and it's already pretty high. She also listened for heartbeats. She found one really easily, but the second was hiding. There were a few times she *almost* found it, but we think the baby was hiding behind a particularly loud blood vessel of mine, which was blocking out his/her heartbeat. The doctor isn't worried, especially since my uterus is growing perfectly for twins at 10 weeks, so I'm not worried either. And I think I found that second heartbeat yesterday with similar difficulties. We scheduled another appointment for 2 weeks from now (it will be the day before my neuchal translucency ultrasound). I can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you the very best!

    Here from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow with my IVF miracles! Glad things are going well.

    Here form ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little stinkers, trying to hide from their mommy.

    My mother didn't know that she was having twins until her 7th month (this was 1985, when ultrasounds weren't as routine). She figured that she was interested in finding out the genders but every time they tried to look, they'd stick their little butts in the way.

    Although somehow I think I knew that I was getting 2 sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good appointment. Hopefully that 2nd little one will let you hear the little heartbeat with little difficulties soon.

    ReplyDelete