Friday, February 8, 2013

Let it Snow

Winter Storm Nemo is upon us! It started snowing before I woke up this morning and has been coming down steadily ever since. You can still see the grass in some places, but in others it's covered over. They pre-salted the roads, so as of an hour or so ago it still wasn't sticking there. Boston sure knows how to do snow! Luckily I have nowhere to be today, and neither does anyone else in the house. We're in for the long haul.

The beginning of my semester has gone really well. We started off with learning about postpartum, labor and delivery, and newborn. Talk about the perfect start to something! lol We took our first test earlier this week, and I'm itching to get the results back. I've never felt so close to 100% on a test in nursing school before, so I'm really psyched to see if I pulled it off.

Other than that, I'm still suffering with the nausea and now the mother of all yeast infections on top of it. My nose is still running from the cold I got a month ago, too. I'm falling apart at the seams! lol But it's ok, honestly the nausea is the only thing that bothers me greatly. I'm not much good to anyone when I feel sick, which is difficult because I need to be studying, and I just don't want to do anything except sit and veg out. I forgot how weird first trimester is because you can't feel the baby yet, you can't get the heartbeat on doppler, and this time around I'm not even really noticeably showing yet. So the only thing I have that's cluing me in to the baby's well-being is this overwhelming nausea and exhaustion. At 10 1/2 weeks I'm getting very close to the end of the embryonic stage, so baby will look humanoid at the next ultrasound. I still have 2 weeks until then, but I'm really looking forward to seeing that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment