Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy Scarf Pattern

I'm not exactly the most creative person. In fact I am terrible at anything having to do with my hands and creating art, but about a year ago I somehow got into knitting and thoroughly enjoyed it. For me, at least, it's pretty difficult to screw up as long as you can follow a pattern. I stopped knitting for a while because I was too concentrated on school but I decided to go find my old knitting things now that my semester is over. I started this scarf goodness only knows when and had no idea what the pattern was, but I was able to figure it out just by looking at what I had already accomplished. I was very, very close to being done with it, so I took it up and finished the scarf in less than half an hour. Here is the final product with the pattern.

Size 11 needles

1) Bind on 24 stitches (depending on how wide you want your scarf)
2) Knit 8 rows
3) P1, K1 2 rows
4) K1, P1 2 rows
5) Repeat steps 3 - 4 three more times
6) Repeat steps 2 - 5 until desired length, then bind off

Nice and simple, and comes out so pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment