Friday, September 13, 2013

Milestones

I never remembered to record many milestones with the other kids, but I'm going to try better here. They may seem silly, but it's nice to have some kind of memory of how Gavriella's life progresses. For example:

  • Sept 4 (5 days old) - Gavriella's cord stump fell off, terrifying Shmuel in the process. "OMG WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN???" You would think the father of 4 children would be expecting the cord stump to fall off, but no, this guy has heart failure about it. I assured him that it was fine and he didn't need to do anything special. Today I also realized that I'm not much bigger than my pre-pregnancy self, especially when I'm in the Belly Band-It. Actually, when I wear the Belly Band-It I am probably smaller than pre-pregnancy me, since it helps keep my abs together. I'm hoping I'll be able to fix my diastasis recti with exercise so I won't have the crazy ab muscles any more.
  • Sept 5 (6 days old) - Gavriella spit up for the first time, making me smile. I love knowing that my baby is getting plenty to eat and it's all coming from me. So a little spit up (and this was really only a teensy bit) means she's getting what she needs. Though her constant falling asleep mid-feed is driving me bonkers. 3 minutes nursing does not equal a meal!! *sigh* Today I also put on one of my favorite pre-pregnancy dresses. Unlike with my other pregnancies, where I couldn't wear this dress for months, if not a year, I was able to zip it up like nothing. YAY!
  • Sept 13 (14 days old) - For the first time I put Gavriella to sleep in one position and found her turned 90° the next time I went in to her. Looks like someone's beginning to scootch around!

No comments:

Post a Comment