Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh For Goodness Sake!

I haven't posted in almost two months!!! I can't believe that... I've just been so crazy with school lately that I don't even have time to think. Not too much excitement has been going on here. Tzipora had her first birthday just a few days after my last post. She's still not standing on her own (which obviously means she's not walking yet), but there's still time for that. She is saying a few words, though. Her first word was "hi," and she says it all the time now. It's so adorable! She also says "yeah" in response to basically any question. Every once in a blue moon she'll say "beep" in response to you saying "beep" at her, along with the requisite beeping of her nose. She also says "uh oh," and she does it pretty frequently as she's always throwing things around and "uh oh" it's now on the floor. :-) Those are the only four words she has...no "mama" or "dada" yet. *sigh* But compared to what the twins were saying at almost 14 months she's verbose (to take a word from my father).

The twins are cute as ever. They're going to be three in just under a month, which is unbelievable. I actually have to plan a party between now and then, and I don't know what on earth I'm going to do about that. They are completely obsessed with Blue's Clues - I think Chana wants to marry Steve. They also love Harry Potter - not so much the movies or the books, which they've had little, if any, exposure to yet. Rather, they are HUGE fans of A Very Potter Musical. If you love Harry Potter, then you need to watch this. You will FOR SURE love it. It's "Totally Awesome."

Somehow the twins have now gotten over their overwhelming fear of the bath and they actually enjoy it! In the past few weeks there have even been days where they've scammed TWO baths out of us in one day by getting Brittany (the nanny) to give them one during the day and then getting Shmuel to give them one at night (without him knowing they got one earlier). Silly kiddos... Now if they can only convince Tzipora that they're fun we'll be all set. She screams bloody murder if you even say the word bath in her general direction. My children are unreal...

I've started taking my Metformin again in the hopes that it will help me with my appetite, which is unreal without it. And the next time I get pregnant, I'm going to stay on it for my whole pregnancy. See, I've noticed that my first trimester is usually just great in terms of the amount of hunger I feel, but as soon as I stop the Metformin at the beginning of 2nd trimester my hunger is OUT OF FLIPPING CONTROL and I eat everything in sight, then I gain 50 lbs and feel like a cow by the time I give birth. Then of course I need to lose all of that extra weight. I'm still about 15lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (which is about 30lbs more than I should weigh anyway). Now that I'm on the lowest dose of Metformin (500mg QD) I've already noticed that my appetite is more like that of a normal human being rather than the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. (Fifty points if you know the reference!) Unfortunately I'm still a bit hungrier than most people would be - it's very difficult for me to go more than 2 hours without eating something, but I also tend to eat very small bits at a time - maybe 100 to 250 calories at a time. So it could be normal, I guess. But anyway I can't tolerate more than the lowest dose or it makes me viciously nauseated, so I have an appointment with my Gyn at the end of this week to see if he'll give me an extended release version of Metformin which might settle better in my stomach and allow me to take my prescribed dose (500mg BID aka 1000mg). But so far so good. Since I restarted the Metformin at the beginning of January I already lost the 15 lbs I gained while I was off of it from July until then. I'll update my weight loss ticker weekly at the top right of this page so you can keep track...and keep your fingers crossed that I can get this weight off!!! No more babies until I can at least get back to my pre-pregnancy weight - which shouldn't be difficult as it's only 15lbs and I have no TTC plans for at least 6 months. But it would be even better if I could lose 30 or even 40! Because I'm so short my ideal body weight is about 110 lbs, so that's only 45 more pounds to go. But I'll be happy anywhere under 125, honestly (but not under 100!!) If I can weigh less than my best friend (yeah, that's you Melanie), then I will jump for joy. If I can weigh less than my hubby, then I will kiss the ground. :-D

Ok, I have a test in school tomorrow that I'm slacking off studying for, so I'd better get back to it. If you guys are still reading my blog, please comment so I know you haven't forgotten about me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment