Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Walking and Other News

Whoops. I have been so bad about posting lately! Here's the news of the week:

THE TWINS CAN WALK!!!! They've been going all over the place. Slowly, but still walking. It's adorable and they do it all the time now. I can't wait to get to Rochester to show off!

I had my last final exam today, so I'm officially finished for the semester. Only 3 more weeks until summer school starts. I'm pretty confident that I pulled all A's for the semester, although Chemistry is still up in the air since I'm not 100% sure about how I did on the final exam. I believe it's enough for the A, but I'll just have to wait and see.

6 comments:

Eileen said...

OMG I can't believe they are walking up a storm. I want to see video! YAY for being done!

Jamie said...

Yay for the twins and yay for YOU!!

WiseGuy said...

It must be awesome to watch them walk.

I am glad your exams are over. Now you can take a breather for a little while!

ssbean said...

I am catching up on my blog reading, since I've been MIA. I read your post about early intervention and wanted to make a couple comments. First of all, I'm glad you are getting the evaluated while they are still young, after all early intervention is the key to properly helping.
To comment on some of the "problems" you have noticed. Some babies really aren't "sociable." Now, give it at this age maybe there is something wrong w/ the babies I've been around that really aren't socialable. Ellie responds to commands about 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time she's in her own world doing her thing. She really doesn't say many words. She will say a word once then that's it, never again. She will say doggie and it's obvious she knows what she is saying. Other than that, I'm not sure about. But somebody else mentioned that if they are exposed to 2 languages, they do tend to get vocab. rather later. The fine motor skills, I'm not sure but I don't think they are supposed to be pressing the buttons and stacking blocks. I know Ellie seems to be far from that. She'll turn pages in books, bang cups and blocks on the floor or my head. We really aren't to pressing buttons though. I'm not sure why I though she would be able to play w/ toys they way they are intended, but she doesn't yet.
I'm saying all this to say maybe everything is ok, and nothing is seriously wrong.

Rebecca said...

VI-DI-O! VI-DI-O! VI-DI-O!
C'mon Elana, we want to see the babybugs walking! Your exams are over so get out that video camera.
Love, AuntieBeh

Rebecca said...

VI-DI-O! VI-DI-O! We want to see the babybugs walk!
Please Elana, get out that camera and let us see those adorable feet at work.
Love, AuntieBeh