Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bloodwork

Here are some more test results!

Today I had my CD3 blood tests and here's what I got:

Estradiol: 36.8 pg/ml (normal = between 25-75 pg/ml)
FSH: 6.08 mIU/ml (normal = 3-20 mIU/ml; best is under 10 mIU/ml)
TSH: 3 uIU/ml (normal = .4-4 uIU/ml)
Prolactin: 43.3 ng/ml (normal = < 24 ng/ml)

So, from here we see that my prolactin level is way out of line! :-) I have to go in for a repeat prolactin test next week to see if this was accurate. It would actually make a lot of sense if it is elevated because I have read that elevated prolactin levels can cause irregular cycles with late ovulation and light/short periods. I have both!! :-) So, I think we have our answer of why my body can't get pregnant--I have too much prolactin! Hopefully my RE will have a solution for us when we see him next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment